Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Welcome to Strategic Student Tips

Hello Buckeyes and former Buckeyes. Over my eight years at Ohio State I've been asked countless times for help with internships and jobs. I'm glad to help. So I've created this blog because the earlier students begin to know the do's and dont's of obtaining such internships and jobs, the more successful they will be. I'm going to send this to former students who can give their feedback and advice to current students as well as to current students who can learn and provide their experiences in applying these tips. I hope it will be fun to see some comments from you all.

It's my belief that strategic preparation is critical to earning what you want. You know that teamwork involves practice, and learning a language involves practice, so it stands to reason that getting an internship involves practice and preparation in writing, researching and interviewing.

Over the next six months I'll sporadically send you my thoughts (mostly random; however they will be STRATEGICALLY random) and you can add to them, learn by them, or simply delete them. Your feedback is always welcome. Good luck and thanks, Dan

15 comments:

Dan Steinberg said...

This is easy to comment upon. I think I'll do it often. Thanks Dan!

The Kelster Productions said...

I think you have a brilliant idea Dan. I will check your blog at random.

Stefanie Hile said...

Thanks for posting this- It sounds like it will be really helpful!

Santa's Sister said...

DS I love your idea and I had no doubt that you would continue to keep current and help students for years and years to come. YOU ARE THE BEST! Can't wait to read your latest and greatest ideas for how to break into this crazy industry.

the new bitch. said...

Agreed; this is a great idea. It's almost as if you're addressing the infamous, "if I'd known then what I know now..." issue. Kudos.
Additionally, the world of blogs contains potentially priceless information from professionals in all industries: anything to get students acquainted who may not have done so on their own is worth the effort.
Please let me know if I can help in any way.

ihan said...

Dan, thanks for inviting alums to the blog- this is a great idea! I'll check in periodically to see what you're posting.

Claire said...

Dan! What a fabulous idea! Now all of your favorite old students can come back to haunt you:) I look forward to your ideas of how to make a name for youself in this crazy world!

Carrie said...

Dan! I think this is going to be such a valuable tool for your students (current and old!). It's so important in our field to stay on top of the trends and this is a great example of how to do just that! You rock :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all you do! You go above and beyond constantly and we all appreciate it. I look forward to reading what you have to say and your words of wisdom.

kellyn wilson said...

As always, you keep your students in the know and on top of current trends. Can't wait to see what you have to say!

Brooke said...

Hi Dan! I think this is definitely a great idea especially for seniors (like me) to make connections with professionals and to learn more about the field. Thanks for all your dedication to help students succeed!
P.s. I miss your classes!

Amber D said...

Well...say something brilliant. We're all on our toes, ready to comment. :)

Angela said...

Once again you take it to the next level. Thanks for including me. I look forward to learning more great things from you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Go Bucks!

P.J. Murphy said...

I'm looking forward to all the valuable insight that will be added to this blog.

I'll be sure to add my $.02 worth where applicable...

Andrea said...

Looking forward to strategically random comments. Those are my favorite. :)